Monday, January 18, 2010

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Now, I know this is sacrilege but I have never seen the original Halloween movies. So now that you know this, here is my take on Rob Zombie's Halloween. I know it's not a remake, it's his take on Halloween, but I feel like people will not be happy that I am commenting on one without seeing the other.

I have to say that I really did love this movie. I think that capturing Michael Myers as a child was an awesome idea. It makes him seem more "made this way" monster type, rather than a crazy killer. The first kill of the movie was the only one that irked me. I liked most of the others, when he killed his step father I was happy. He needed to have his throat slit. I really liked the man playing grown up Michael. I liked how HUGE he was, it was like he was Tiny's little brother. haha

I loved all of the masks that Michael was making. I think that it was just another thing that made him a monster and less of a serial killer. When he was wearing the masks he was the killer and he was just a normal kid when he had them off, well at least in the begining, then the masks took over.(or at least thats what I got out of it)

I hate endings that don't really end, so I can't want to see the next one.

All around I really liked this movie. I like Rob Zombie all together. My one issue with his movies is there is always naked ladies, but never any nudie cuties for me to enjoy. I guess thats because he is a straight male film maker. I guess that just means that there need to be more gay horror movie writers and makers.

No comments:

Post a Comment